Saturday, February 9, 2013

Monetizing Blogs and Money Making Made Possible

I got so excited with this new blog site that I spent hours and days updating it including the template, layouts, pages and of course in finding ways to improve it. Guess what? I found out too that you can actually monetize your blogs which means you have some earnings out of it. I got even more excited. Of course, I spent more sleepless nights too.





I remembered an old friend's advice, Borg Sulapas, that you can actually earn online by adding different adds to your website. Back then though, I just loved writing and spending time with social media sites like Multiply and Friendster (remember, Friendster?). However, during those days, I thought having your own website meant additional expenses or fees. I never found the time to create my own website.



These past few days, I went back to my friend's advice. I looked for ways to earn through this blog. I checked out AdSense, Amazon, and Ebay. I got so busy checking how to add some links, widgets and banners. I became a little frustrated seeing that there was a lot to read and learn in order to get this process right. I was so focused on which ads to put and where to put them properly. In fact, I spent an entire day reading online blogs and checking different sites, affiliate marketing programs and Pay Per Click articles, and everything else available online.


Finally, after sleepless nights, I learned from Amazon Associates discussion group that I have to focus on content first. I have to have a good number of valuable content that people will follow. I have to learn how to drive traffic to my sight. There were so many things to focus on. I had to have a niche. Articles like How To, Reviews, Current News Insight and so on, are what people and affiliate marketing companies look at. In short, blogs are for blogs! It is sharing ideas, thoughts, knowledge, and wisdom to others. Everything else will follow, including money, if we simply focus on our purpose.

So, today I can rest and sleep better, and earlier. In fact, I might even dream sweeter dreams. I know from experience that money comes my way and all other provisions when I need them. I shall not want says my Provider. Guess what? My birthday is coming and cash gifts are pouring! God knows exactly how to surprise and amaze me! What more can I ask for?

How about you? Do you have your own blog site yet? What are your thoughts or experiences about monetizing your blogs? Share them to me and to everyone else!



No comments:

Post a Comment