Thursday, February 7, 2013

Gratitude: Counting My Blessings this New Year

It's 2013! We are on our second month already but I guess there is a need to look back in 2012 to move forward with more peace and positive outlook. I couldn't say much for others. Perhaps, we all have our share of joys and sorrows in the past. However, I am still thankful for everything God has provided to us for the past year. 




2012 was quite a struggle. We started an RTW business to keep us sane and to pay for the bills. However, online jobs were not as good as compared to 2011. I did have some clients in my Odesk jobs but we feel that the income was not as sufficient. Nevertheless, God provided! Here are some things I thank God for:

  1. We transferred to a better house with a nicer landlord from Makati to Laguna.
  2. We started attending in New Life Christian Center in Laguna.
  3. We found suppliers for our first business.
  4. Our RTW and Ukay-ukay business is still ushering income for us.
  5. Our EVP Business Consultancy (which is also in Facebook) is starting to have more clients and potential clients. Thanks to Carmela Valbuena-Paano and Randy Paano for the hard work, trust and confidence.
  6. We were able to help other people with financial issues.
  7. We were able to pay our bills and loans.
  8. We were able to have a half-month vacation in Baguio City.
  9. We have stocks or inventory for sale for 2013.
  10. We received moral and financial support from our families, friends, and loved ones.
Perhaps, the list can go on and on not to mention that we didn't have any serious medical problems to attend to. We also had time all the time we needed to be with friends and family members whenever necessary.

This year, 2013, remains very exciting. Aside from Odesk, I was able to create my own account in various social media sites including Skillpages, Scribd, Goodreads and others. Clients and potential clients are increasing. We also look forward to a bigger project this year so we can grow our businesses. As early as February, our blessings are as follows:
  1. We paid our overdue bills in Meralco.
  2. Our house rental payments are up-to-date.
  3. We have started saving funds in the bank for our loan.
  4. We have on-going projects awaiting payments.
  5. I got shortlisted for a position I applied for.
  6. We live a harmoniously relationship and looking forward to brighter days.
  7. We remain healthy and happy everyday.
I guess, there is just no point moving forward if you cannot count your blessing in the past and allow it to expand your realities in the future. There is always something to thank God for. Today, I just received a super advanced cash gift for my birthday which is next month. It's not a lot but it can surely help cover for some expenses. As an accountant, I have almost everything recorded, expenses, payables, receivables and future expenditures. I guess it's just right to count my blessings as well!

Finally, I read a blog in January in one site I visited, Ukraine Medical Evangelism and Discipleship, that it is always best to count your blessings and so I shared mine! 

How about you? Do you want to start counting your blessings today? Share them here! Post your comments now!



No comments:

Post a Comment